Keeping your children healthy.

 

  1. Teach your children to avoid touching their face

Cold and flu viruses usually enter in the body through hands so teach your child, to keep away hands from face to avoid many kind of disease. Teach them that don’t share toothbrush cup or straw with other children to avoid disease.

  1. Keep Hands Clean.

Hand washing is crucial for good health. Make habitual your children wash hand before eating etc… This habit will prevent them from many kinds of disease. Also teach them to rinse hands for at least 15 to 20 seconds to avoid illness.

  1. Make Sure They Get Enough Sleep
    Sleep is important for the whole family since it helps set our metabolism and resets our mood. Getting enoughsleep is especially important for kids because it helps them grow. If you are having trouble putting your kids to bed at night, emphasize that they will grow well when they sleep. “If your kids know that they grow when they sleep, they will put themselves to bed.

 

  • Create a role play with your kids and it will be easy to put your kids to sleep.

 

  1. Use the 80-20 Rule for Healthy Eating 
    Parents will not be able to control 100 percent of what their child eats. “80 percent of the time, you try to do the best that you can. And then the other 20 percent of the time, you have to have the grace and flexibility to live in the real world, to know that these kids go to birthday parties. However if the parents prepare healthy eating for their child rest assured that the child will be fit and healthy and the risk of getting sick will be minimized.

 

  1. Explain Why Healthy Eating is Important
    Instead of telling children to eat healthy foods, explain to them why it is important. If they know that certain foods will make them taller and stronger, or make their hair shinier, they will want to eat them. “Kids’ relationship with food gets increasingly complicated as they get older. “If you start when they’re very young by teaching them that food is about growing healthfully and having energy to get through the day and fueling their brain, then you’re teaching them everything they need to know for the rest of their life.”

 

 

Create pretending cooking activity:

You will be teaching them about food

  • It helps them develop pre literacy ability and
  • It helps them develop your child activity learning skills.

 

  1. Create Fun Opportunities for Exercise
    Exercise is important for bone and muscle health, for creating positive emotions, alleviating stress and preventing diseases later in life. Most kids need about an hour of exercise each day. For kids dealing with control or focus issues (ADD, ADHD, or OCD), it is advisable to involving them in martial arts or ballet because “you get the benefit of the exercise, plus the focus and training for the attention system.

Children learn through play and brain building fun activities for toddlers and preschooler will help them keep fit and improve their skills. One can find some tips below:

  • Building Blocks - will help the increase their testing abilities
  • Dress Up Activity – This activity will help develops mind ability, imaginative thinking and even impulse control. When children put on costumes they step outside themselves; This forces them to exhibit better self-regulation.
  • Sand and Water Activities – Help the children to improve their motor skills; feel different type of texture and recognise between liquids and solid materials.
  • Hide and Seek Activity – will help the child to develop direction finding skills.

 

  1. Teach Them to Hydrate
    Our brains are 80 percent water, so hydration is extremely important, especially for growing little ones. A great way to teach your kids to stay hydrated is to have them look at their pee. Being hydrated means drinking enough so that your pee looks like water. Create awareness by teaching your child to look at their pee.

“Look at your pee. And if it’s really yellow, go get a glass of water.”

  1. Open Your Windows
    The air we breathe can have a profound effect on our mood and cognitive abilities, so it is important to keep it clean. Sometimes the air in our homes can be even more polluted than the air outside. Professional people recommend opening windows, using fans and vents, and having indoor plants in the home to help clean and circulate the air.

One can find some Plants that help clean and circulate indoor air:

  • Ficus
  • Bamboo Palm
  • Aloe Vera
  1. Limit Their Sugar Intake
    Finally, if you want to prevent your kids from getting sick this winter, try to minimize the amount of sugar in their diet. According to professional people sugar interferes with the body’s immune system by binding up the antibodies that the immune system needs to fight viruses. ‘A kid who’s eating a high sugar diet is going to get sick more often’.

Subscribe

If you wish to recieve newsletters from Doremi Child Care Centre , Subscribe by entering your email below.

Child

Care